Granite Counter Polishing and Repair in Los Alamitos CA
Granite has steadily become the surface of choice for stone counters. Granite is easy to clean, does not etch with acids, and if sealed properly will not stain. But there are times when when your granite surfaces need attention.
Over time a heavily used granite counter space can become dulled by the constant abrasion of porcelain dishes, metal hardware,and other implements. When this happens the surface needs to be polished. This is done using specialized tooling and polishes. Once the surface is brought back to a polish it is detailed and sealed. Your newly polished granite will last for years.
Cracks around the sinks can happen when a steel rod has been placed in the granite for strength around the sink hole. Water intrusion causes the steel to expand as it rusts. These cracks run parallel to the sink and in many cases are not permanently repairable. At Sureshine we have a developed a method of repair that will extend the life of your counters. The cracks are filled with flowing fast curing epoxy then ground flat. Once flat the surface is filled with aesthetic adhesives to make the repair look as natural as possible.
1. Granite Counter Clean and Seal – Removal of all residues and debris from the surfaces, application of the highest quality sealer, buffing to remove residues and polish.
2. Granite Counter Polish, Clean, and Seal – Mild abrasive restorative polishing prior to detail cleaning and sealing.
3. Granite Counter Repair – Includes Cracks in front and behind the sink, holes, and seam repairs. Please call us for more information on these services.
Get the Most From your Investment:
1. Keep areas around fixtures clean and dry
2. Put soap and other cleaning products on trays away from the surface
3. Blot spills with a paper or microfiber towel and use Easyoxy to remove residues
4. When cleaning the surface do not use dish soap or other highly concentrated cleaning agent. These product attract dirt and build-up that can be hard to clean over time.
5. For polished surfaces, use Ultimate Stone and Multisurface Polish periodically (Weekly or semi-monthly as needed).
6. Do not cut directly on the surface. Use a cutting board.
7. Periocically check the caulking around your sink and backsplash and repair if necessary.
8. It is generally not advisable to set hot pots directly on the counter. Using trivets can prevent damage.
9. Use a your favorite daily cleaner regularly to remove residues.